This post is probably going to make me seem like a horrible person and men are going to wonder why anyone would want to date me in the first place, but oh well.
I had dinner with M last night. It didn’t go well.
Reasons why I will not be seeing M again:
- He was 10 minutes late.
- We were supposed to met on the corner of the street, but he went straight to the restaurant (still 10 minutes late).
- He didn’t call to let me know he’d be late.
- He did not offer me the wine list on either of our dinner dates.
- He did not offer dessert (which is not a deal breaker in itself, but mixed with everything else it is).
- He brought up money again by saying he doesn’t like to go out for dinner because it’s so expensive- umm, hi you’re buying me dinner right now…
- He didn’t know what veal or gnocchi is.
- He asked how much money I’ll be making once I get a job. That’s none of your business, dude.
- When I said I didn’t know what my salary would be he made the assumption that it would be six figures. Yeah, I wish.
- He asked if I didn’t reply to his last email because he doesn’t have facebook. Haha.
- He brought up politics.
- We have widely different political beliefs.
- He said he doesn’t believe how Christians can vote Democrat because that would be supporting homosexuality and abortion. This was the major deal-breaker for me.
- He said he couldn’t understand why everyone was so excited about Obama.
- He continuously mentioned therapy as if it is the worst possible thing in the world- hi, I go to therapy weekly along with half of the other people in world and I’m in school to be a therapist. Stop knocking my future career.
- When we left the restaurant he ran ahead of me. Literally, ran. No idea why.
- And lastly, he walks with a bounce in his step. It’s just a little weird.
So that’s that. The M saga is over. If he calls/emails again I’ll let him know I don’t see it working out. And hopefully he won’t start stalking me.